Microsoft has raised up a small army of internal "champs" focusing on products like Windows Phone, Azure, and Windows Desktop.
A champ's goal in life is to provide developers with the tools and information they need to be successful with Microsoft tech.
Find My Champ is a Windows Phone application allowing developers to communicate with and easily find a champ based on location or search criteria.
To learn more about creating your own Odata Windows Phone application:
Click the Source Code tab above and review this project's source.
Read the tutorial about accessing OData; click
Read a tutorial about using Bing maps; click
To run the application for yourself:
- Download the latest version of the source code (click on "Source Code" up above)
- Unzip the code on your PC and open the project in Visual Studio
- Note: If you are running Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone then you might see a warning saying "The source control provider associated with this solution could not be found." Click "Yes"
to avoid seeing this message in future.
- Add the "Silverlight Toolkit for Windows Phone" to the project
- The DLL for the Toolkit is included in the Solution
- It is important that you reference this verion
- Right-Click References and navigate to the Resources folder
- Now build the project and run the application on the emulator or on your device!
If you can't get this to work (or are just really lazy ;-) then you can get the application from the Windows Phone Marketplace here: